As the toll of asbestos-related diseases continues to rise worldwide, more and more medical journals are featuring articles about studies of mesothelioma treatment. Following is a representative sample of those types of articles.
N.B. Medscape articles require a simple, no-fee registration.
- Does video-assisted thoracoscopic decortication in advanced malignant mesothelioma improve prognosis? Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, January 9, 2009
- A feasibility study of induction pemetrexed plus cisplatin followed by extrapleural pneumonectomy and postoperative hemithoracic radiation for malignant pleural mesothelioma. Japan Journal of Clinical Oncolology. January 8, 2009
- Pleural plaques and asbestosis: dose and time-response relationships based on HRCT data, the national APEXS members. European Respiratory Journal. January 7, 2009
- Preoperative staging of mesothelioma by 18F-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography fused imaging and mediastinoscopy compared to pathological findings after extrapleural pneumonectomy. On behalf of the Nordic Mesothelioma Group, Eur. Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 2008; 34(5): p. 1090-1096
- Doctors are still learning about peritoneal mesothelioma: An 8-section review of progress. Bridda MD, et al. May 2007
- Cases of malignant pleural mesothelioma will increase in incidence till 2020. Several newer antitumor agents are already showing a capability of extending survival. Ismail-Khan MD, et al. January, 2007
- Asbestos disease predictions too low. Australian National University, April 2007.
- Chemo combination improves survival in asbestos-related cancer. Center for the Advancement of Health, February, 2007.
- Virotherapy shows promise in treating mesothelioma. Cancer Monthly, April 2007.
- Radiotherapy as yet untested for malignant pleural mesothelioma. Cochrane Review Abstracts, April 2007.
- FDA approves the drug ranpirnase, which has the ability to target tumor cells while sparing normal cells in both in vivo and in vitro studies in treatment for mesothelioma. FDA Approvals, February 2007.
- More women living with lung cancer are using complementary and alternative medicine therapies to control symptoms. Cancer Nursing, Feburary 2007.
This list of medical journal articles is brief. There are hundreds more to be found by studying publications, both in print and online. You may want to search online at the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Journals, http://ajrccm.atsjournals.org/, or the Canadian Medical Association Journal, http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/search?andorexactfulltext=and&resourcetype=1&disp_type=&sortspec=date&fulltext=mesothelioma. These medical professionals have been outspoken against the Canadian government's continuing to export asbestos to developing countries. Read more details on our blog: http://blog.mesothelioma-advice.org/index.php?s=canadian.
Your can also review our website for more information on helpful resources.
When you have mesothelioma, it is very important to be in touch with a qualified asbestos attorney about your legal rights. You will receive a free case evaluation from The Hendler Law Firm so that you can begin immediately to file a lawsuit if the facts of your case warrant seeking compensation for your having developed mesothelioma. Call us at 800.443.6353 or email email@example.com. We are here to help.